Saturday, February 11, 2012

Part 2 of Studio Project

For the second part of our project on transformations, we were told we had to make some sort of artifact that related to our video. It had to be small enough to fit in the palm of our hand, but other than that it was open for interpretation. The idea was to be abstract with the ideas from your video, so for mine, after talking with my critic, I wanted my object to reflect the idea of revealing mechanism behind a facade, rather than reflect the literal man/woman change in the video. Further, I wanted to explore the idea of revealing mechanism, to the point where I wanted an object that would reveal the mistaken or percieved mechanism behind the surface. Sort of like when you're a little kid, and you don't know how something really complicated like a car or radio work, so you invent some sort of way in your mind.

For me, the object was a small vintage transistor radio that had seen better days. It seemed obvious to me, that had I not known the guts behind what makes a radio work, that they would be operated by a family of miniature instrument-playing marshmellows.


2 comments: