Monday, May 21, 2012

And they said I'd never pick up chicks....

When I came out to my mother years ago, among the drama and craziness was her worries over the fact that she wouldn't get grandkids.  While I'm still not so much a kid person (at least having my own- sorry mom), at least now she'll have grandchickens!!

  I just picked up these little cuties yesterday!  They're all a week old except for the little guy who's only a couple days :).  They're silkies, which are a really odd and utterly fabulous breed of chickens.  They're not the best egg layers, but who needs to lay eggs when you look like that?  They'll pay for their keep by just struttin' their stuff.  A few other bigger girls (well, they will be bigger) are coming in the mail next week.  They'll pick up the egg layin' slack for the little silkies (which will be half their size).  Anyways, enough talk, here are the girls!!!!



What they will look like:  (although this is a white, where mine will have more touches of grey/blue

And on a side note that's actually quite big, I just GRADUATED today!!!!  WooHOOOO!!!  I never thought I'd spend my last day of education rubbing vasolene on a chicken butt trying to get it to poo....

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! On the graduation....the new chicks...and for having the fortitude to do that thing with the chicken's butt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats....on the graduation and the new chicks! They are the cutest little things!

    MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I couldn't find a way to send you an email and don't normally put links on people's comments pages but I thought that you and your Mom might like this Grandchickens art:

    http://ranchdressingwithearthakitsch.blogspot.com/2011/02/they-cant-all-be-good-ones.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the graduation! Good luck with the new chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the graduation! That really is one crazy looking chicken. How do they see through all of that fluff?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I like his little spaceship feeder haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations On Graduating and getting the chickies! We had 30 baby chicks and found out later one was the meanest bad ass Rooster Alive! They are beautiful

    ReplyDelete